“She’s my soul mate (Michelle Williams) and we couldn’t love each other any more than we do already. We’re like two peas in a pod. When it’s true love, it feels like something you’re rekindling. As if you’ve met the person before.”
– Heath Ledger (Hollywood actor from Perth)
From Adelaide, I flew to Perth to meet my friends from Singapore, who according to Rh: “We are Filipinos from Singapore” when asked by the Perth immigration on how we are all related hahaha! We didn’t know how that convinced the officer but it worked! :P
Eight of us definitely had fun, bonding with hilarity and craziness! We rented a van and spent most of our time getting lost, looking for the best place to dine then ending up partying inside a convenience store, and of course photo ops every corner and jump shots every chances we had! Lol!
And the best part of the trip?
The affirmation of the love between bestfriends, Eric and Belle!!!
Perth is the largest city and the capital of Western Australia. A smaller city than Adelaide, yet more interesting for me, I like the city though most of the shops closed too early and quite expensive living, we all thought of relocating here in case we grew tired of Singapore :p Besides, it is ranked eight as most livable city in the world in 2010 ;) It is called as “Australia’s Sunniest City” making it a perfect choice for us who are all originally from a country where the sun always shine hehehe
There are so many things to do in Perth, like cruise the Swan River and see Swan Valley or the Perth Zoo. Visit Rottnest Island for a beach escape, visit the nearby historic old town historic Fremantle, visit the landscaped gardens of Kings Park. Swim and surf at the beaches such as Cottlesloe or Scarborough and walk at the boardwalks, beaches and marinas of the Sunset Coast, etc!
These are the places we went to:
1. Pinnacles Desert – it is the limestone formations in the desert sand dunes at Nambung National Park, around 1 hour away from city of Perth…we drove and got lost so we didn’t see the beach nearby…on our way, we saw the Wind Farm by chance!
2. Kings Park – with overlooking of the Swan River and CBD, this park has he collection of native plants and flowers…a good place to relax :)
3. Fremantle – it was never part of the plan but since we got lost again looking for Cottesloe Beach, we ended up in this historic old town outside Perth, it has this magical and Disney-like atmosphere on how the architecture and pavement streets were made, I like this city better than Perth!
4. Cottesloe Beach – located 15mins outside city of Perth, this is one of the most popular beach and most visited…it is not overcrowded and the local houses nearby are very amusing to look at, it’s like dream houses near the beach :) …the water was too cold (for us only perhaps) so we just roam around and play (play dumb most of the times haha!)
5. Bell Tower / Swan Bells – located within the city of Perth, it is now the landmark of Perth aside from the Swan River, these are a set of eighteen bells hanging in a high copper and glass tower and one of the largest sets of change ringing bells in the world. After hearing the bells at this tower, we didn’t know that the next thing we will hear bells ringing will be at the wedding of our dear friends, Eric and Bell! (too redundant hehe)
Bell and Eric were best friends for almost 15 years now (or more!)…they met in college and were never romantically involved. They both relocated in Singapore but no matter how people around them tease about their platonic relationship, they remained as friends. Not until after this Perth trip!
We were dumbfounded as they announced that they’re getting married after they admitted their true feelings whilst we were in Perth! Yeah, this trip was just last November and they already tied the knot last week, but it is not out of an impulsive decision, because their relationship is not something new and unripe.
For me, their relationship had started long time ago and it is just something that slowly fell into place. They were brought together during this amazing story as their relationship began to unfold.
Truly soulmates, truly inspiring! :)