“Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.”
– Albert Einstein (Iconic Scientist of all time from Munich)
Last year, I met Isi through Kat and Basti, at first i thought she’s a snob coz she is so quiet. We talked about going to the next Oktoberfest (2010) and Kat suggested that we will stay at Isi’s place in Munich, I am quite not sure if that’s okay with her coz like I said, she is very quiet. When Kat and Basti left Singapore, I met Isi again at Insomnia and she was glowing and have a wide smile on her face, that’s because her bf, Martin is with her and they are going to Bali that weekend…and the next thing i know, Martin proposed to Isi in Bali! ♥
Munich is the 3rd largest city in Germany (next to Berlin and Hamburg) and often ranked as the World’s Most Livable City, it was known as a cosmopolitan city with a heart ♥
When Germans were polled about where they wanna live, Munich will always get the top on the list tho’ it is the most expensive city in Germany!
It is the Bavarian capital (which most of the Germans on the other parts say, Bavaria is not part of Germany hehe)…Bavaria is a predominantly Catholic state with a distinct culture, reason why there are a lot of Catholic churches around Munich and also named as Munchen, or “the monk’s place” by the Benedictine priest who founded it.
Bavaria is actually best known for their, of course, beers!
And in Munich is where the very first Oktoberfest was held. Check out the photos and blog I did for the 200th celebration of the Oktoberfest on the next post, or just click the link ;)
From Zurich, Basti and I met up Fritzie and RH (from Singapore) to Isi’s place in Puccheim. It was raining in Munich when we arrived so we just visited few places, but what matters most to us was that we were all together again, we have been planning this for like a year and finally it happened, and it was so much fun!
Too bad that Kat and Daniel couldn’t make it, but Stops and Martin of course joined us!
We went to these places:
1. Marienplatz Square – the heart of the city, it has the famous carillon in the tower of the New Townhall
2. Peterskirche – a gothic cathedral with onion-domed towers, the oldest church in Munich.
3. Frauenkirsche – the most famous building and cathedral in the city centre which offers to climb up at the tower to get a panoramic view of the city of Munich, it was tiring but the view is really awesome!
4. Hofbrauhaus – the famous beer hall worldwide
5. Viktualienmarkt – popular market with bier gartens
6. Residenz – the largest residential palace in Germany, the seat of the bavarian rulers but it is now a museum.
7. The Feldherrnhalle (Field Marshal Hall) on the Odeonsplatz with the monument of Karl Philipp von Wrede who fought against Napoleon. (info c/o Ibrahim hehe)
I was supposed to visit Basti’s place, Regensburg, Bavaria’s UNESCO Heritage, but I opted to stay with Isi for 2 more days. So we just visited Schloss Neuschwanstein which i have a separate blog too (just click the link) and the church where Isi and Martin will get married this coming June 2011 :)
I admire this couple so much. They met when Isi was still 14 yrs old when they were both Firefighter Volunteers. Isi is 24 now and after 10yrs they are still together and every time I see them, they seem like a new couple if you know what I mean, sweet and always new everyday. And why is 10 years being together is just like 10 days for them?
Albert Einstein have the answer:
How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That’s relativity.
And i believe, just like Isi to Martin, I am some man’s special girl ♥